2023 - Autumn
Welcome to Year 3!
I hope you've had a lovely relaxing summer holidays! We have got lots of exciting things coming up this half term!
- A spelling overview for the half term will be sent out. Children will be tested on Mondays. Please ensure you practice these spellings at home.
- Children are expected to read regularly at home. Children will have their reading books changed weekly in school and their reading monitored. They will bring home 2 books - 1 book will be a colour banded book that matches their ability and 1 book will be chosen from the free-reading section to encourage reading for pleasure.
- PE this term will be on Monday afternoon. The children will need to come to school on Monday in their PE kits.
- The Year 3 children will continue to leave school in the main playground as they have done in previous years.
- The staff in Year 3 will be Mrs Webster as class teacher Monday - Thursday, Mrs Bragg as teacher on Friday. Mrs Sargent will be covering the class on a Thursday morning for my PPA time (Planning, preparing and assessment) and our full time class TA will be Mrs Nash.
If you would like to speak to me about anything feel free to speak after school (or send me a note) and we can arrange a convenient time to meet.