Welcome to Year 5!
I hope you had a lovely break and are ready to come back to school for the new half term!
Kahoot! Spring 2, Week 1
Kahoot! Spring 2, Week 2
General class information
- Reading is one of the most important skills we teach our children, whether it is a non-fiction text to help them research, a set of instructions to help them make something or reading a fiction to improve their imagination and provide them with amazing vocabulary. You can use Oxford Owl to listen to ebooks and read along.To become a fluent reader, your child needs to take on many skills and continue to practice these throughout their lives. Some are specific skills which can be taught, others relate to atitudes, and these they will gain from the adults around them. We ask therefore that you read with your child at least 3 times a week and it can be recorded in a reading/homework diary that we will send home.
- Spellings are sent home every Tuesday, we ask that the children practise these at home. They can do this in anyway they feel is useful - saying them aloud, look cover write check, writing them in sentences, bubble writing, rainbow writing, pyramids etc.
- PE is every Wednesday afternoon, children should be wearing school PE kit which is a red t-shirt with black shorts. Children may wear tracksuit bottoms and a jumper too. Children shouldn't be wearing football tops for PE.
- Toast is available for snack but children must pay online at the beginning of the week and they will get a slice of toast each day. Children can bring cereal bars, fruit or veg from home for a snack too.
- Water - We encourage children to bring in their own water bottles each day. This ensures that they are able to have a drink regularly and not having to use the schools cups. Although we will ensure cups are cleaned regularly and only 1 child is using each cup it would be more beneficial if each child had access to their own bottle. Please ensure the bottle is clearly labelled with your child's name.
If you have any queries or want to chat about your child’s progress, feel free to catch me after school on the playground, send me a message on Class Dojo or make an appointment in the school office.